DIY Baby Wipes

Having children is no fun and games on the finances lets face it, so its always good when you can save yourself a bit of money here and there. I came across homemade baby wipes on the internet a while ago and I was fascinated. So I decided to try them out using 3 ingredients that I had at home and I must say they've been amazing on my daughters skin. She suffers pretty bad nappy rash at times which has massively improved after using these so I thought I would share them with you. There are many different ways you can do this, this is how I did them.

You will need:
 
Good quality absorbent kitchen paper/paper towel
Organic Coconut Oil
Natural hand soap ( I used Forever Living Aloe Hand and Face Soap)
1.25 litre plastic container or any container you like
A sharp knife
A jug
Whisk
Boiling water
 
 
 Start by taking your kitchen paper and laying it down flat, take your knife and saw in half.
  
 
Place one half into the container
 Add 1 pump of the natural soap into the jug
 
 
 Add 1 tablespoon of coconut oil to the jug
 
Then add 1 cup of boiling water to the mixture
 
 
Whisk until the coconut oil and soap all melts together
 
Pour the mixture into the container ensuring all the paper towel is covered
 
Once the paper towel has absorbed all the mixture gently remove the centre cardboard
 
 
 You can then pull through your first wipes from the centre
 
And there you have it......3 ingredient homemade baby wipes. So amazingly lovely your baby's tooshy will love them.

TIP: the better quality paper towel you have the better/stronger your wipes will be.

I hope you enjoyed this post please feel free to try this out and I'd love hear your feedback.

Much love

Mamaskellon xx

Comments

Popular Posts