My surprise to my daughter 16 years from now


Where did that first year go?! I can’t believe my baby girl turned one a few weeks ago. Its insane how fast time goes by. If I knew how quickly the time would go I probably would have started documenting Mamaskellon a lot earlier lol.

Quinn has done tremendously well in her 1st year of life, I could not be more proud of her. In the last 3 or 4 weeks approaching her first birthday she really started to develop her own little personality making way for the toddler she is about to become. As sad as I get that she is not my tiny baby anymore I’m super excited about what is to come. Babies are so interactive at this age and you can really have some fun. Seeing the world through her eyes is truly something to be treasured and remembered.

Last year I always knew I wanted to do something special for Quinn for her 1st birthday but I didn’t know what. We didn’t want a big party and we didn’t want to go overboard on her presents. Being 1 she was only ever going to be interested in the wrapping paper and boxes and that she was! So I decided to make a 5 year promise to myself and to Quinn. That every year on her birthday for the first 5 years of her life I would record video message from me to her, telling her about our lives together in that year, what she had done, what she had achieved, who her friends were and how proud we are of her. My plan is to edit them all together on a disc and then give it to Quinn to watch on her 16th birthday. This way she gets to see Mummy talking to her from the past in effect and I get to relive memories.

Took me 2 attempts to film the 1st one as it was super emotional and of course I cried during filming.

Something that will probably happen every time ha.

Comments

Popular Posts