Wow, I'm so emotional

Before I became pregnant in April 2014 I had, what I considered, to have a normal level of emotion. I'd cry at really sad movies, tv shows etc. Then when I became pregnant people said to me "be prepared for a new level of emotion". Not really listening (I'd made it a rule not to listen to stories too much whilst I was pregnant) I was completely thrown when I was eventually hit with the emotion train when Quinn was born.
Now, Quinn was born via emergency c section under a general so I don't really remember those first days too much but oh my goodness!!! Talk about a roller-coaster lol.
I remember one night, Quinn was about 10 days old and her cord hadn't fallen off yet so I was just topping and tailing her daily because that’s what we were advised. I'd been scrolling through the internet and I had seen an article saying that it was ok to bath baby before the cord falls off. Well I just completely broke down in tears, crying to my husband that I was a bad mother because I hadn't bathed my baby. What will people think of me? Am I a dirty mother?  It was completely irrational I know but I honestly felt like the worst mother in the world.
I would sit on the sofa just cuddling Quinn and then just become so overcome with emotion that I would just start crying. My husband would come in to me saying oh my god what’s wrong and I'd splutter "nothing, I just love her so much".
I should have listened to those warning me about the emotion lol. Even now, 13 months later, I can still get really emotional at the most random things, mainly involving families and children.
As a parent I don't think that is something that will ever go away and I think its pretty normal as a new parent.
Mumotional it is then:-)

Comments

Popular Posts